Ministry?

So it occurred to me in the shower that these past few weeks, I have been too busy caring about myself to care about other people. And that is just bad.

Some say I'm a social butterfly, and I used to think that maybe that's a gift or something but as of late, I think that I may have been exploiting this very "gift". My late night shower has really gotten me questioning my motives in life and my motives in ministry. I've been blessed to be able to start serving in a church program here in the States and honestly it has been really good. For me that is.
Now I think that I have to really "close the bible" as mentioned in a SheReadsTruth devotional, and really get out there and start loving and living out the Word.

It has been a goal of sorts for myself this year to love genuinely, listen actively and give a 100% and more, every time I'm with a friend. Some days I feel like my eyes are opened and I see the needs everywhere waiting to be fulfilled. Other days I retreat into my own little bubble, reluctant to step out of my walls laced with worries. It's so easy to fall prey to the temptation of selfishness, and that's why everyday it has to be a constant internalising of God's Word.

In church, sometimes I get too carried away with being with like-minded people, and I just settle into this amazingly comfortable zone, much like the bed I own. But here's the thing, we are called to get out there, to share the great news and love. Maybe it's because I haven't felt "at home" in a long long time, that the minute I get comfortable, I jump right in. In the process, I neglect my non-like minded friends, friends who don't believe in God - the very reason and motivation for my ministry here on earth. It's like sometimes we christians get so carried away that we forget the real reason for ministry. The real reason for evangelical work. We get too absorbed in making things just right, making the music good, sugar coating it all.

In the shower, I got a wake-up call. A 100% and more should be given to the people I love, and the people I don't love enough yet. They are my calling. My family and friends, they're an important part of my many ministries, and the priority now that time is so short, is to share the good news. Tell them all about God's love. Tell them everything, and not leave anything out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Love

inspiring-ness towards the end.

i sing praises to your name