Goodbye 2020, it hurt to be human

Haha I think it starting to become a pattern. Updating once a year. 2020 was a whirlwind but I'm thankful for all the moments both good and bad. It's funny how I always start off writing a more negative piece but towards the end, I somehow always change course and can't help but write positively. 

Without further ado, saying bye to 2020 with this verse: 


It Hurts To Be Human


It hurts to be human 

To be bound to feelings

To have to decide everyday 

Balancing on fine lines


Struggling in uncertainty 

To simply not know

Being in the thick of conflict 

Because words are often misheard

Misunderstood, misrepresented. 


It hurts to be human

To live with expectations 

When the default is mess

And the constant, chaos


Chaos in our feelings

Turbulent in our thoughts

Spiralling in worries

Hurting in being human 


Yet when there's hurt, there's also joy

For every worry, there's an encouragement

For every conflict, forgiveness


It hurts to be human

Yet remember Jesus endured and took it all

If our feelings are an ocean, 

God is the boat that stays afloat


When it hurts to be human 

I'll remember at least Someone understands

When it hurts to be human 

I'll pick up my thoughts

Pray for peace

Then pick up my feet


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Love

inspiring-ness towards the end.

i sing praises to your name