Checking in, 2019


Looking back it's so crazy that 1. I poured out a lot of my much-internalized thoughts on this blog and 2. how going back to this blog now is so refreshingly honest and encouraging even reading it 3 years later.

Funny enough even though this is my 5th year in the States, my English has gotten progressively worse. And I kinda envy my young self's eloquency. But anyway.

I wanted to write this to remind my future self that is probably going to read this again at some point in life that I got over heartbreak, I fell, I cried, but I lived and learned.

Back then I never thought that I would fully recover from heartbreak but God has shown me that it is indeed possible.


He has blessed me with so much more- a kind and loving companion, someone that leads me in ways that I wanted to be led in all these years. And I am so grateful for that.


I'm twenty five this year and it is absolutely ridiculous to think that I have been working for almost two years, trying to be an adult and getting my life together (every now and then breaking down in a hot mess). Yes, years made no dent on my incredibly emotional self.


All I can say is that the Lord's faithfulness is so great and His grace is so evident in my life. Sometimes I take it for granted and I know that that is not right at all.

So thank you Lord, thank you for being who You are and showing me time and again that You are sovereign and in control.

Do I know what's going to take place in the next year?

Absolutely not.

Am I afraid? Worried?

Quite frankly, no. I've learned that my worries don't do much and are rather a show of my ignorance and distrust of my Maker.

So yeah, here's to 2019 and 2020 that will be knocking on our doors in 3 months.

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Love

inspiring-ness towards the end.

i sing praises to your name