Have yourself a merry little new year



So it's that time of the year again, when food is in abundance, you earn money just for being single and thy chinese skills will be pushed to its limit. 
One thing I can be proud of though, is the fact that I no longer cringe as much when having to meet my father's side of the family, because now my chinese is a little bit better. I still nod and smile when i don't really catch something that's said, but at least I'm no longer afraid to go up to me cousins and have a chat. LOLS.

So yeah, Pastor was showing this video at church about a group of people who went on a field trip meeting several families, singing a song to the parents, made up of letters from their children who weren't home. Indeed, how often do we say I Love You to our parents?
Maybe for some of y'all it just comes easy peasy, but for me, I've never really said it out. I've always expressed myself through handmade cards and the like. So yeah, I guess it'll be something of a challenge for me ;)

I guess I would like this CNY to be a more meaningful one, filled with warmth. Yep, that may sound cliche but hey, I do want to bridge some gaps and do what I can. 

***
On a different note, the past 2 weeks have been somewhat of a daze for me. Juggling the quizzes and the pain, I somehow made it through, all glory to God for that. However it has been bugging me lately, the fact that I've lost all life and just gave up because of the physical pain I've been feeling.

Indeed God has reminded me to trust Him and have faith. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1. How encouraging to my soul! Sometimes, the pain gets a little too hard to handle. Nonetheless, He watches over me, and I know I'll be healed soon enough ;)


***
My prayer this year has been, "Teach me to forget, Lord. To forget the past and move on."
That's definitely easier said then done. Well, I've to pick myself up and just move forward. 
So Lord, immense strength is needed ! 
Yup, I can do it with Your help ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Love

inspiring-ness towards the end.

i sing praises to your name