The Upcomingss

Haha looks like I'll never have an absolutely empty holiday. Church camp had just passed and here I was, thinking I'll have many days to work on that disorganized room of mine.

Turns out, lots of things were sent my way instead.

Initially accepted for the Help World Mental Health Day musical as a dancer, I was considering quitting as I knew dancing wasn't exactly my forte. Who would have known, I came for the first day of practice and got to know that it wasn't going to be a musical anymore. It will be a play and song/dance performance instead. Wonderful! I could do what I was more comfortable with - singing.

So here I am, really really excited to train and be introduced to the proper techniques of singing. Yeah, it was like super different. Even a little different from my previous choir training, but who cares? It's a totally new experience. I even get to learn to act, as the skills would be used in singing as well. Bringing the message of the song across with expressions. Totally different man, and I like it !

Besides that, the doors were opened for me to serve on the Youth Alive band as well for the Hurricane Concert on the 31st of this month. Let me tell you, I was like a jakun in the first meeting man. The musicians were all on a different level and man, the arrangements were sweeeeeet. The pianist especially. I have always wanted to be able to play like him. Some day. You wait, you.
Also, getting the chance to sing Falling In Love With Jesus with them was heavenly.

Today, I got the chance to meet up with Yi Shien after a loooong time. haha and guess what, to practice for an open mic this 29th. It's the open mic before Christian Palencia's event. Superb excited for that as we'll be doing some smooth, classic songs.

And by God's grace, that's not all. David asked me a few weeks ago to be a part of his band which will be playing at some awards ceremony in November. No doubt we'll probably be singing as the guests eat, but who cares? An opportunity to meet new people and dress up? Count me in. :D

So as you can see, I'm so grateful to God for blessing me with so many opportunities. My only prayer would be the strength to balance them with my soon starting new semester.

It's all good :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Love

inspiring-ness towards the end.

i sing praises to your name