That car ride home

First off, I'd like to start with how remarkably satisfying dinner was tonight. I went out with the fam to Tony Roma's and I have never felt so happy about a meal LOL. The ribs were so soft and tender, the Ranch-style beans so wonderfully flavourful and the mash potatoes so creamy XD haha okay, this shows how happy I was. Didn't even get the chance to snap a picture, everything kena sapu.

Anyway back to the title of the post. So on the car ride home, I began to think about America and the future. For the first time since I signed up for ADP, I felt a little scared about going to the big U alone.
Since I'm such a sentimental person, I wondered if I would be able to let go and try to make some good friends there. Haha, who am I kidding, I've always been able to make friends easily, it was only a matter of whether I felt at home in the friendship or not.

I thought about staying alone in a room, doing so many things by myself. The thought of possibly cooking. Ok maybe not XD. The idea of having so much freedom for myself. I hope I don't go crazy with hair colours.

I thought of the consequences should I get attached to some foreign dude. (I pray not, though. Unless it's some asian/ mixed person :p)

I thought about the possibility of me changing. A ghetto or bimbotic accent perhaps? ;p

But yeah, then I thought about the other day at dinner. How my brother seemed disappointed that I was more interested in returning to Malaysia then taking the opportunity to change to my life in the US. I guess I've always thought that there must be a reason I was born a Malaysian and not an American. I never really considered fully moving over there unless of course, God opens the way for me to. I've always thought that I have not done enough for this country. So yeah.

In the end I realised, all this worrying does absolutely nothing, so the best thing to do is to just trust Him. The only constant in life is change, and the only constant outside of life is God.

peace out xx :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Love

inspiring-ness towards the end.

i sing praises to your name